Options

Movement between Bins: Put Away & Pick

inva2kinva2k Member Posts: 10
edited 2015-09-10 in NAV Three Tier
Hey Folks,
I got a location having "Directed Put-away and Pick". I want to represent a random warehouse and therefore make use of the bin proposal by NAV. I have several zones within my Location. One special zone for "Put Away" (Bin Type: "Put Away" only) and another for "Pick" (Bin Types: "Pick" only).
All of my receives shall go into the "Put Away" zone first. This works pretty well for proposed bins. As I now want to move my goods from the "Put Away" zone into the "Pick" zone using the "Movement Worksheet", NAV requires me to enter a bin within the "Pick" zone manually.

Is there any solution to get proposed bins for the "Pick" zone or is this only possible having proposed bins for zones having "Put Away" includes in their bin types? I don't want to enter bins manually because I guess this is not what a "random warehouse" is all about.

Regards,
Thomas

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You could look into using "Internal Picks". They act as a source document (similar to a Warehouse Shipment) for which "Directed Picking" will assign pick bin.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Are there any preconditions/configuration issues to achieve this?
    I don't got it working using internal picks. My reference Version of NAV ist 2013 DACH. Probably this is not included in my language version?
    I tried to configure the bin priority of bin type "pick" higher as the bin priority "put away" to achieve the refill from bins with lower priorities to bins with a higher priority but this don't worked so far.
  • Options
    You need to have granule 4630 "Internal Picks and Put Aways".
  • Options
    edited 2015-09-09
    Thanks.
    I still have to enter a pick-to bin code when i want to release the document (Whse. Internal Pick (7357)) which happens automatically when I want to create a Pick.
    I see currently no chance to get a bin assigned using this document. :-(

I can make sure that we got the named granule licensed.
    We have the 360 Extended Pack which contains the granule according to this list: http://www.matchbs.com/uploads/1/1/8/3/ ... lities.pdf
  • Options
    -double Post-
  • Options
    Use Function - Create Pick.
  • Options
    hey,
    I'm very glad that someone is with me and suggest some solution, but I'm trying very hard but it won't work.
    Please find attach a screenshot showing the error message i'm struggeling with.

Are we on the same page?

Furthermore some code from the corresponding Release CodeUnit
        WhsePickLine.TESTFIELD("Item No.");
        WhsePickLine.TESTFIELD("Unit of Measure Code");
        IF Location."Directed Put-away and Pick" THEN
          WhsePickLine.TESTFIELD("To Zone Code");
        IF Location."Bin Mandatory" THEN
          WhsePickLine.TESTFIELD("To Bin Code");