Options

Modify record in Item Ledger Entry in NAV 2013 R2

JostoJosto Member Posts: 8
edited 2015-09-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all

I´m trying to modify an existing register in Ítem Ledger Entry, but the result is the following error:

"You dont have the following permissions in Tabledata Ítem Ledger Entry: Modify"

I know that make the modification directly in the table is not a good practice, but we need to make the change in this way. Reading some posts about the error, i found that it could happen for three reasons:

1) The current license is not a partner license

2) The user do not have permissions

3) The modification in the table is made by an object which doesn´t have permissions over it

I checked the three possibilities and all is ok: I´m currently using the partner license with an user with SUPER role. The modifications are made in the table directly by the user (not throught other objects).

Whats wrong?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    It can be that you changed from a customer license to a partner license and didn't restart the NST?
  • Options
    TomasTomas Member Posts: 420
    If you don't want to change the license file on the middle tier, grant permissions to the object that modifies Item Ledger Entry record.
  • Options
    Hi Tomas.

Thanks for your answer.

The modification of the Ítem Ledger Entry record is made directly by the user in the table (not throught any object)
  • Options
    jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    Object level permission adding is the only solution for your problem.
    For adding you should open developer licence having full permission. After that add necessary permission on the property level.
    During this process we are not giving complete permission to the user but we are are giving object level additional permission.
  • Options
    Hi jubeljoy, thanks for your answer.

I´m a bit confused with this.
    For adding you should open developer licence having full permission.
    ok that´s right

After that add necessary permission on the property level.
    to which object? and what permission?

Thanks in advance