Options

Requisition Worksheet - Unexpected Surplus calculation

StardustStardust Member Posts: 5
Hi everybody!

I am trying to use the Requisition Worksheet in Navision 3.70 with Replenishment System = Purchase, Manufacturing Policy = Make-to-Stock, Reordering Policy = Maximum Qty. All the other planning parameters (reorder point, maximum inventory, etc.) are set to zero. I don't use SKU.

I have noticed that for some reasons beyond my understanding, for each item Navision calculates a "Surplus", which is shown in the Order Tracking Window as "Untracked Quantity". This surplus is usually 10 to 50% of the tracked quantity, which is in fact the needed quantity. It seems to me that it is calculated somewhere in the codeunits 99000854 (Inventory Profile Offseting) and 99000830 (Create Reserv. Entry), but I wasn't able to pinpoint the exact location.

I have to mention that this is happening only for the items that have negative inventory.

Example:
Item 1 with Qty. on Inventory = -7800
After running the Requisition Worksheet, a new order for 11700 pcs is suggested. From the 11700 pcs, 7800 pcs are coming from the Item Ledger Entries, and the difference of 3900 pcs is coming from the "Surplus", or "Untracked Qty."

Can anyone give me a hint or a solution to this ennoying issue? ](*,) Without solving this issue, the Requisition Worksheet is almost useless, unless you do not convince the user to check and change manually the quantity for hundreds and thousands of items.

Thank you in advance! :D

Comments

• Options
    aljosagraljosagr Member Posts: 5
    We had the same problem. But the problem occurs only if you use Item Tracking, so we changed some code