Options

Date written in wrong field

dabba23dabba23 Member Posts: 77
A user has in Posted Invoices (Sales & Receivables) typed 19-09-05 in the No. field. He meant to write the date in the Posting Date field.

Now he is not able to open up Posted Invoices at all. The message he gets is that 19-09-05 cannot be found.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this issue???

Many thanks
Ann :D

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    This happens when you put a filter on the "No" field, and the filtered No does not exist.

Delete the zup file please.
  • Options
    Hey there,

Thanks for that, but I need your help again!

I can't find the zup file. I have searched on the PC, but Navision runs on a server and I really doubt our IT Administrator knows where it is.

Is it kept on the server?

Thanks
    Ann
  • Options
    It depends. Normaly it is in the C:\Documents and settings\

But it can also be on the network, then it should be defined in the navision shortcut.

He has to search in system/hidden folders also.
  • Options
    :D Great, I have found the file now :D

Now one last question. When I delete it on his PC, is a new one created when he opens up the application again?

Thanks
    Ann
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Right click your C-drive, click search, enter "*.zup" and hit go.
  • Options
    Yes, the zupfile is automaticaly created.

When you delete it, navision should be closed.
  • Options
    You could also control where they are saved, by adding the parameter to the shortcut target. I have shortcuts for each Navision version on my computer, and I have a separate zupfile for each one in a folder 'zupfiles' on my C-drive.

So for instance, my 4.0 SQL shortcut says:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision\Client\" id="C:\ZupFiles\40-SQL.zup"

The first time you use that shortcut, it will create the zup file in that folder.
  • Options
    Yes, that's the best thing you can do, especialy when you have more version of navision installed.

If a customer does this, you can f.e. take the zup files in the back-up, or a user can have the same settings on every workstation.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone[/b]
  • Options
    ShenpenShenpen Member Posts: 386
    It's not a bad idea to write

del "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\fin.zup"

to a .BAT file and put it on all users desktop...

Do It Yourself is they key. Standard code might work - your code surely works.
  • Options
    edited 2005-10-05
    Well if we're all going to pitch in with tips (I like the bat file one by the way), this is one that admins will like. This only works if your users connect through terminal services or citrix, and saves all users' zup files in the same folder. If there is any issue with any user, the admin could simply go to that folder and delete the one user's zup file. I bet Shenpen knows how to create a BAT file that you can input a user name for the admin, so that they wouldn't even have to browse to the folder :).
    id="X:\NetworkZupFileFolder\%username%.zup"
    Where this is part of the target of the Navision shortcut on each user's desktop, and X is a shared network drive that all users have access to.
  • Options
    We'd better move this one to tips and tricks about the zupfile :D