Options

Automatic adding of fields etc.?

CRinvCRinv Member Posts: 11
Hi! First time poster here. Hope you guys can help me a bit

The company I work for create custom adaptions of Navision where we have some external COM-components which query a webservice and then display the returned information in Navision. This requires, among other things some modifications to the Customer card, i.e. some new fields and a button to open our forms.

My question is if there is any way to make this changes automated, i.e. that we some how could get the fields and the button added to the Customer card without having to manually put them there through the Designer mode. Preferably this would be made trough some kind of import, or through some code.

As you might understand, I'm not very versed in Navision development, but I hope someone could shed some light on this for me. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I don't see how this can be done without exporting the card to text format. :(

Navision does not provide tools for this.

We use some vb code to generate tables/forms dataports and reports for conversions, but this works outside navision.
  • Options
    lzrlzr Member Posts: 264
    You have to do it to one customer card, but then you can export that object and import it next time you want to use it
    Navision developer