Options

NAV 2015 Control Addin - MemoPad for Web And Windows Client

ryancairnsryancairns Member Posts: 40
edited 2015-03-16 in NAV Three Tier
I am trying to write a client add-in for NAV 2015 that will allow the user to enter a large chunk of text into a box - like a memo pad. However it is essential it works on the web client as well as the windows client.

I created a simple javascript addin however I have discovered that I cannot do things like copy, paste. This must be something to do with restrictions on the web browser control that is used - can anyone enlighten me on this?

I found this solution:
http://www.hougaard.com/wysiwyg-editing ... -and-2015/

But it is too complex for us - I need my text stored as basic text and not HTML so I can easily parse it and store it in NAV records.
Also this solution has a copy and paste buttons (which I suppose I could do something similar if I can figure out how they work) but again you cannot use shortcut keys such as ctrl+v

Has anyone seen any other memo pad solutions out there that work on the web client?

Thanks

EDIT: I have discovered that my simple addin with a javascript <textarea> does allow you to paste it into when using the web client but not the windows client. This is a bit strange.

But regardless I can design a different page for the web/windows client - the web client can use the addin for inserting blocks of text, the windows client can use a text variable control which can be set to fill a whole page in NAV 2015

Comments

• Options
    plc5700plc5700 Member Posts: 10
    Hi

I have made a similar add-in and is having the same similar problems.

However with a little twist. Copy+Paste is not working everywhere

On my development Server - I can use the add-in and Copy+Paste on both the web-client and the windows client.

I installed in a client database and deployed the add-in.
    In this installation I can use the add-in and Copy+Paste on the web-client but Copy+Paste does not work in the windows client.
    The Add-in in itself works in the windows client as it can display the content, I can edit the content, and save it again. The only Thing I cannot do is Copy+Paste.

Any Ideas anybody?
    Best Regards

Poul Lindholm Christiansen
    plc@cmcs.dk / +45 4050 9306