Options

2013 R2 Layout allocate issue

R3dNeXR3dNeX Member Posts: 6
edited 2015-02-22 in NAV Three Tier
Dear experts,

The next situation is my problem, and I don't know exactly how to solve it. I hope you can help me :)

I use the report builder of 2013 R2, I have put inside the Header a rectangle. In the rectangle I put text boxes. I gave the rectangle a visibilty that it appears only on the first page. It works fine, it just appears only on the first page, so on the other pages it is empty but my problem is it allocates the place of the rectangle. And it is bad, coz I don't want to allocate that place. How can I make it in the Header to work, that if it doenst appears on the other pages, that it doesnt allocate the place of the rectangle?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    I could recomend you to remove the rectangle, and set the header properties to print only on first page and see if it will help.
  • Options
    Sorry for that, I missed to say that in the header there are other text boxes which has to be shown on the other pages too. Only the x text boxes has to be show on the first pages, but the y text boxes has to be shown on the second, third and so on pages. Is there anyway to make them so that it doesnt allocate place when I want to hide that text boxes, or rectangle?
  • Options
    jigneshdhandhajigneshdhandha Member Posts: 41
    Hello R3dNeX

The textboxes which you want to print on first page only move to Report Body Part.
  • Options
    Thank it came to my mind too, but the problem is the same, if the hidden property is true, than it allocates the same place and its white.
  • Options
    TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    Do you have a table in the body?
    If so you could try to make it part of the table on the top row and use the row visibility to see if it will "deal better" with the hide.
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Don't use Page Headers, it just complicate things. I explained this both at Directions EMEA 2014 and Tech Days 2014.
    When not using Page Headers, you have all the flexibility to shown what and when, and it will not take up space.
    Checkout my example report for 206 where I build this report with no Page Header, files are found here: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=DEB21EB9FBAC34B4&id=DEB21EB9FBAC34B4%2152982
    Please note that you can only build this report in NAV 2013 R2 or NAV 2015, since this is only supported in RDLC 2010. So in NAV 2009 and NAV 2013 we are stuck with using Page Headers in the majority of our RDLC Document reports.

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)