Options

.ZUP file not updating and creating problems

support1support1 Member Posts: 18
I have a customer that is having an issue with their .ZUP files. If one person creates an adjustment, then leaves the screen, and a different person posts the adjustment, the person who created it is unable to back into adjustments. I figure that this is because since each .ZUP file is user specific, it is only updated by the user's actions. I am wondering if it is possible to correct this.
Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Do these users have the same windows login? The ZUP file is stored in the Documents and settings by default.

So even if you have parttimers who use the same computer they still have their own zupfile.

You can also define a specific zupfile in the shortcut to the fin.exe
  • Options
    support1support1 Member Posts: 18
    Mark, thank you for your reply.

I believe that they have different windows logins. There is another part to this that i forgot to mention.

If a user opens the adjustment screen and populates the document number field, the user that was previously not able to get it can now open adjustments. Any idea why that is?
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Could you give me more information about what you are exactly doing?

What is this Adjustment document you are talking about? :?

Posting documents and creating these are not things which are saved in the zup file.

When I read about your problem, I'm having doubts about the problem being in the zup file. :(
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    For me too, I think, that you mean with Adjustment something different than standard Adjustment batches in Inventory module.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.