Options

Help with HttpWebRequest

petblapetbla Member Posts: 2
edited 2015-01-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I would like to ask you for help with usage the HttpWebRequest DotNET object in NAV2013R2. We are using the HttWebRequest for send a soap request to the external web service (on a separate Windows Server 2012). The request is deliver to the server, but if it is processed with some business error (e.g. Vendor No exist, Document No. is missing), than is sent back to the Navision an error: “The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.“. When I looked into the Server Manager on the WinServer2012, I see here an application error but without a description. If I look at the same error to the Event Viewer, I find here a description with many additional informations. I debugged a call webservice from NAV and it finished with error on the HttWebRequest.GetResponse() method (noted above ..error 500). We can't find out, why Server doesn’t reply an error from Application Events and send back an unknown internal server error 500. What can be wrong in a setting or we do wrong?

Comments

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,125
    Hi petbla,

don't guess at random (or even let us do the guessing for you), obtain more information.

The Webservice service and/or the web server know more about this, and usually they tell you in the http response. So

Catch me, if you can.