Options

NAV client does not have hyperlinks enabled

Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
edited 2014-12-09 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Everyone

We have a customised version of the Statement with ZetaDocs included.

When we run the report for selected customer or for a small Date Range then the report runs great. If we run the report for all customers over a large Date Range then we get this issue....

The Microsoft Dynamics NAV client does not have hyperlinks enabled. Because hyperlinks are needed for the taskbar jump list, the jump list is not enabled.

Set hyperlinks enabled but makes no difference ](*,) !

Thanks for looking!
Big D signing off!

Comments

• Options
    Further news hot off the press...

If I take the icons off the report (i.e., remove the CALCFIELDS - there is 6 icons on our report) then the error disappears! Can a picture have hyperlinks that interfer with RTC
    in NAV 2013 R2 (Build 36281)?

So any help please?
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Just don't send your pictures with every line of dataset. Limit it to first line only.
  • Options
    Hi ppavuk

Thanks for your help.

I changed the report images to Embedded and this seems to of resolved the issue.

The image was a Logo as the top of the Report so wasn't sure what your suggest of "Just don't send your pictures with every line of dataset. Limit it to first line only." was?
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Well, i suppose image was a compayinfo.picture field. it all standard reports it is included in the dataset. Basically, system put the BASE64 encoded image to every dataset data line. Imagine your image is 1 MB - on ~2000 records you will have a 2Gb dataset, which will just crash NAV client. I think your issue was similar - dataset become very large, and caused some glitches.

What i normally do to fight this issue - is to clear companyinfo.picture after first dataset line retrieved (i implement a counter), so then BASE64 encoded image is included only to first dataset line. Need to say, within RDLC report i have to use =first(companyinfo_picture.value).

This solution will keep dfatases as small as possible and good for performance too, as less data sent to client.
  • Options
    Hi ppavuk

Thanks for your great reply - your suggestion worked a treat \:D/ =D>

Your the best :lol:
    Big D signing off!
  • Options
    Thanks, Big D :)
    I've wrote an blogpost inspired by your question. let's put it here - if anyone got same issue it may be quite a help: http://navworkshop.co.uk/2014/12/09/rdlc-reports-images-dynamics-nav2013-nav2015/
  • Options
    Hi ppavuk

Great idea too - this post should definitely be shared amount the community :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work \:D/
    Big D signing off!