Options

You cannot revalue individual item ledger entries

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2014-12-09 in NAV Three Tier
We are trying to revalue some remaining inventory of an item. WHen we go to select the Applies to Entry No. the error below shoews:

You cannot revalue individual item ledger entries for items that use the average costing method.

We are at a loss as to why this appears. It seems to be a new thing, as the code that calls the error in the Item Journal Line did not exist previously in 5.1. (We are now on 2013 R1). I wonder why this limit has been imposed? Has anyone encountered it?
    IF "Inventory Value Per" = "Inventory Value Per"::" " THEN BEGIN
      GetItem;
      IF Item."Costing Method" = Item."Costing Method"::Average THEN
        ERROR(Text034);
    END;

Bruce Anderson

Comments

• Options
    We ended up lodging this one with MS and they provided a code fix for the problem. All good now.

Bruce Anderson
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

this is also listed as a fix in Update Rollup 8 for NAV2013: http://nav.dk/content/november-2013-ove ... s-nav-2013 ID 351452, ""You cannot revalue individual item ledger entries for items that use average costing method" error message when you select a purchase item ledger entry to revalue in the Applies-to Entry field in the revaluation journal for an average cost item"
    I know this error message when trying to calculate a revaluation by item ledger entry for average costing items, too. Also in older versions, when you have Item Costing Rollup 1 installed. It is fixed in the Item Costing Rollup 2 for NAV2009R2.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    Thanks Jens. Recently I haven't been watching the rollups. If I had I would have been able to solve this sooner!

Bruce Anderson