Options

Additional Instances - Add-in Controls fail to load

eYeeYe Member Posts: 168
edited 2014-11-27 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I configured a new instance of NAV2013 and RTC opens correctly except for the Charts that fail to load.
Could not locate the add-in library for "Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart;PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, The page contains a control add-in that is not permitted. Contact your system administrator".

Clicking refresh on the Chart Part:
The control add-in on control Business Chart on page Trailing Sales Orders has not been instantiated.
Page Trailing Sales Orders must close.

I tried copying the Add-ins directory to the newly created Instance folder and restarted the service, still not working.

Regards,

Ewald
Kind Regards,
Ewald Venter

Answers

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    If your add-ins are not in GAC then they should be copied to the add-in folders of your new instance.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    The default server instance is working perfectly. The charts load perfectly and everything.

The issue is with creating an additional Service instance where it doesn't seem to pick up the Add-ins directory.
    Kind Regards,
    Ewald Venter
  • Options
    The controls need to be setup in Table 2000000069 - Client Add-in
    Kind Regards,
    Ewald Venter
  • Options
    DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    interesting...
    I merged two databases from old versions to 2013 R2
    one was our default DEV database upgraded from 2009 to 2013 - add-ins without problem. in 2009 were two Add-in records, in 2013 are 6 add-ins
    second was customer's database from 4.0 via 2009 to 2013 - add-ins information was not saved and was not created during upgrade.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis