Options

"Ghost" home items

asmilie2basmilie2b Member Posts: 122
edited 2014-09-03 in NAV Three Tier
I have a wierd one. For some reason on one of my profiles, on the Home Items there are a few entries shown for certain pages. I cannot locate though where they are coming from and wish to delete them. I have tried
1) Checked the actions for the role center page under home items > not there
2) Added my user as the owner of the profile, ran NAV as per the below, and tried to customize the navigation pane.

Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -configure -profile:"service dispatcher"

Just where can these ghost menu items be coming from?

Edit:
Sorry should have mentioned on NAV 2013 (R1)

Bruce Anderson

Comments

• Options
    kellygurllkellygurll Member Posts: 14
    I believe it's because of the "Activities" that appear on the Role Centre page.

For example, on the Sales Order Processor role centre page, if you remove the "Sales Order - Open" from the "For Release" section, it will no longer appear in the menu. You may need to close and reopen NAV.
  • Options
    Many thanks for the response.
    I wodnered if it might be due to the activities, because the captions of the mentioned menu items is exactly that of the activities. However I have checked the table for the activity for this profile - no luck, and also the page for home menu actions, but there are none.. Sure this is not a critical issue, but has me annoyed, home menu space is precious!

Bruce Anderson
  • Options
    I have not been able to resolve this one.
    It seems that in NAV 2013 for ANY new entries made into the cue tables, they automatically show up on the bottom of the home menu too. The only fix I have is to not make the cues. Would love to know if anyone knows how to add cues without them showing in the home menu.

Bruce Anderson