Options

Payment Tolerance - Customers

washiewashie Member Posts: 16
edited 2014-08-21 in Navision Financials
i am trying to setup payment tolerance for customers and have done the following:
1. Under General Ledger Setup->Application, Payment Tolerance Warning option selected, Payment Tolerance Posting set to Payment Tolerance Accounts and i want to use the Max. Payment Tolerance Amount only which i have set at USD1 (USD is our functional currency)
2. I ran the Change Payment Tolerance batch job and selected the yes option.
3. Under the General Posting Setup, i have specified the Sales Pmt. Tol. Debit and Credit Accounts.
4. Under Customer Posting groups, i have specified Payment Tolerance Debit and Credit Accounts for all Posting Groups.

Despite all these setups, the system is not prompting for payment tolerance when posting receipts from customers, where the remaining amount is = or less than USD1, the max payment tolerance, and no entries are being posted to close these small remaining amounts.

Kindly assist me on this issue, if there are other setups that need to be done, or any other step that i need to follow when posting receipts from customer and make use of payment tolerance.

Regards,

Washie

Comments

• Options
    rocatisrocatis Member Posts: 163
    Did you come up with anything? I'm finding an awful lot of posts asking about this problem, but unfortunately I'm finding no answers whatsoever.
    Brian Rocatis
    Senior NAV Developer
    Elbek & Vejrup
  • Options
    rocatisrocatis Member Posts: 163
    Cracked it.

When applying ledger entries, you MUST select the Payment as the applying entry, NOT the Invoice. If you're not using Payment Tolerances, the order is indifferent.

That's very logical. Not.
    Brian Rocatis
    Senior NAV Developer
    Elbek & Vejrup