Options

G/L Entry Already Exist

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2014-08-09 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Sir,

I have received the error message "G/L Entry Already Exist" in NAV 2013 R2 IN Version Database.
I assume that the error occurs when two user (or more) are posting Sales Invoice constantly.

Scenario

User A manually creates Sales Invoice & post them. User B (me) is using Batch Posting process to post the Sales Invoices.
User B faces some times the error message " G/L Entry Already Exist ".

Posting routings are modified, but I believe that modifications are not responsible for that type of error message.

Kindly help me.
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

assuming that the standard IN release doesn't have this error and it's not something from W1, then the modifications in CU12 most certainly are responsible for this error. W1 appears to be pretty safe and doesn't produce this error. My money would be on the changes in CU12.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    I commented the modification in the posting routing, but error message still appears. :mrgreen:
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Ok I lost :D Anyway. Do you have a code line where the debugger stops?

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    in the function FinishedCodeunit
    Now or Never
  • Options
    :mrgreen: Okay, this was to be expected. Now for the interesting part: What is the build you are on? The usual place where entry numbers get f*cked up are in the PostDtldCustLedgEntries() and PostDtldVendLedgEntries(). Since you say sales is where the error happens, I would say start your search on the customer side. The logic is a little tricky there, with extra buffers for application date (not posting date sometimes, but not in standard nav anymore) and all that.
    What is important: If you don't feel up to the task, get help from an experienced NAV developer. Make a review of the code changes you want to introduce. CU12 is sensitive stuff, errors can have real consequences to the accounting of the customer.

with best regards

Jens