Options

WebNext 2000

Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
edited 2000-02-23 in Navision e-Commerce
Has someone looked already at the product WebNext 2000 for NF 2.0 (http://www.webcom.cz)?

It permits to have access to a Navision Financials database from the Internet. They have an iShop application ready.

[This message has been edited by Luc Van Dyck (edited 17-11-1999).]

[This message has been edited by Luc Van Dyck (edited 18-11-1999).]
No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)

Comments

• Options
    Peter_AdenauerPeter_Adenauer Member Posts: 1
    You might want to take a closer look at WebCom's web site and possibly download their demo code.

In order to get the demo code to work, you will need Navision Financials C-SIDE as well as Windows NT Server v4.0 with SP 3 or SP5 and the option pack.

The demo version is a fully functioning version and is not "crippleware". On the hardware side, you need to beef up the server with an additional 100MB of RAM. There are no other requirements.

Installation is rather straight forward and simple! However, unless "fixed by now", you might run into some minor problems when trying to use French or Flamish as your primary language. If that is the case, just send an email to WebCom's tech support. They usually answer in a very short order.

Creation and modification of the web site is also very simple - as long as you know how to use Microsoft's FrontPage!

Overall, the package is an excellent and very cost conscious alternative to the more elaborate and costly Navision product and should do well with potential customers who do not wish to spend a fortune on Microsoft products to get a Navision product to run.

The "ready-to-go" iShop application is part of the basic WebNext 2000 package!
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    I have downloaded the webnext 2000 software.
    I'm using NF 2.01A (Dutch version). I installed C/FRONT software. I have a license file which includes the use of C/Front.
    I can not get the software running because I can not make a connection with the database (which is located on the same machine).
    Also the C/Front XLS demo (installed in the C/Front directory) does not run because of the same reason.
    A Navision client connects to the database in the normal way.
    Who can help?
  • Options
    Michal_BestaMichal_Besta Member Posts: 1
    We have already tested WebNext2000 on NF 2.01 . There is no problem with running.

If you write your problem is C/FRONT and you are not able even connect to the testing .xls file then you need to check if your C/FRONT version is right or need reinstall it.
    Check your NF license file and permission for C/FRONT as well.
    WebNext2000 requires working C/FRONT. Then you can easily run the iShop.

[This message has been edited by Michal Besta (edited 08-12-1999).]
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Guest Posts: 137
    The list of bugs shipped with NF 2.01B indicates that Navision shipped the wrong (old) version of cfront.ocx on the 2.01A CD. Probably this causes the problems with the database connection.
  • Options
    BennyGiebensBennyGiebens Member Posts: 43
    Luk, if you want you can contact me directly.
    We are the reseller of Webcom in Belgium, an i can tell you what you want to know about webcom.
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    BennyGiebensBennyGiebens Member Posts: 43
    For the cfront problem.
    You need to copy the cfront.dll to the nt system directory.

You also might have a problem if you use special characters in the company name. In belgium the standard company name is Cronus België and its the ë that posses a problem. I renamed the company name to cronus and no problems there.

Rgds
    Benny Giebens
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • Options
    vallovallo Member Posts: 7
    There is support site available for WebNext 2000 at http://support.webcom.cz That site is also written in WebNext environment.

Michal
  • Options
    Tarek_DemiatiTarek_Demiati Member Posts: 112
    Vallo :

What about the NF licensing issue with webcom2000 :

Can you have 12000 concurrent web users without having
    a 12000 users Navision licence ?

tarekd@globalnet.co.uk

In this particular case the inside Navision limitation will be applied. Simply Navision itself cannot handle that number of concurently working clients.

Anyway, its only teoretical approach to calculate 12.000 clients on the web. Such big site simply doesnt exist. Typical Navision customer will hardly reach that traffic on its web.

Technically - its not recommended to use more than 50 internet clients on 1 NF session.

Michal
  • Options
    krishnadkrishnad Member Posts: 36
    Is there WebNext 2000 dealer in the U.S.A.?
    How does this product compare with the ISG solution?
    How does it compare to any other solution?

• Options
    vallovallo Member Posts: 7
    The distributor for USA is The Four Corners Connection Inc. in Albuquerque, NM, <A HREF="mailto:info@thefcc.com">info@thefcc.com</A> phone 505-867 5903

WebNext is different product than ISG solution, so direct comparation is not possible.

WebNext is application server, which enables rapid development of dynamic web applications online linked with information system or database. Similar products could be considered Inprise server, Jaguar by Sybase, Oracle application server and many others. The key difference between those solutions and WebNext is that WebNext was developed originally for Navision Financials. It runs version NF 1.2 or higer. Access to Navision is done via C/Front and entire installation can be done in couple of minutes. Today's version is second updated generation of WebNext. So far there is several types of the applications running at live installations. First implementation is in service since August 1998.

One of the applications written in WebNext environment is iShop - the e-commerce application. Its standard functions may be easily modified to fit requirements of particular business strategy.

Basic functionality:
    - View inventory (by warehouse and by customer category)
    - View item pricing (by customer category, number of levels is not limited)
    - Quick access to favorite items
    - Search for items
    - View available credit
    - Placement of order online (depends on available credit)
    - Shipment method
    - View list of orders
    - View order status
    - View list of invoices and invoice status
    - Track order shipments
    - Register new customer
    - Special offers
    - News (retreived by access level)
    - Feedback
    - Template driven graphical layout

Special functionality:
    - online credit card processing (available in several countries only)
    - online payment transactions (depends on local regulations)

Other functionality:
    - open environment of WebNext enables easy modifications and adding of other functions into iShop application with respect of customer requirements

In case of further questions, feel free to contact me.

Michal Vallo
    WEBCOM a.s.
    vallo@webcom.cz
    +420 69 611 6149