Options

Decimal places

emilioemilio Member Posts: 2
edited 2000-02-22 in Navision Financials
Hi all

I have a problem whit the decimal places in navision financials.

Introducing the same configuration in one data base; afterwards I used two different clients: 1-Spanish client, 2-English client.

Obtaining two results absolutely differents.

Two decimal places whit the Englis client and no decimal places whit the Spanish client.

Bst rgds

Emilio Torrens
Axis Data
Emilio Torrens
Axis Data

Comments

• Options
    jpjp Member Posts: 47
    I recently found that the AutoFormatType property on a table field controls the decimal places that you see, sometimes. It can cause a value to be displayed as an amount with the proper decimal places for the local currency.

-jp
    -jp
  • Options
    DennisDennis Member Posts: 25
    Yes, but this information is stored in the database, not in the client. So accessing one database with two different clients should not change the local currency or it decimals places.

Dennis van Es
    PerCom: Research & Development BV
    The Netherlands
    Dennis van Es
    Qwinsoft BV
    The Netherlands
  • Options
    jpjp Member Posts: 47
    As it turns out, Navision's handling of this is buggy. I generated a simple report on the Item table the lists the Net Change field. In the report, I declared ITEM2 as a record variable on the Item table, and included ITEM2."Net Change" in the report. The 2 fields were listed with different decimal places. (In the version of Navision we are using, there is the additional bug that the AutoFormatType property for Net Change is set to use an amount format, even though the field is not an amount.)

-jp
    -jp