Options

Code in Codeunit vanished (version 3.01)

NimirNimir Member Posts: 7
edited 2014-03-07 in Navision Attain
Hi, everyone.
I tried to find any information about it but failed.
So, I found out that in one of the codeunits vanished all code. ](*,) Left only Documentation, names of functions and variables.
This codeunit supposed to connect to SQL DB and take information form tables.

I know it could sounds ridiculous, but codeunit still works. Debugger shows that nothing is going on but still loading data. I know there is technology Navutilus Object Squeeze which can compress text but usually with some different text and I didn't use it.

I already tried to find backup - one we have has the same blank codeunit.

Please, any ideas will be very appriciated. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    The only thing I could think of is that someone used that squeeze object solution without giving any substitution text.

That's why such solutions are that dangerous.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    The only thing I could think of is that someone used that squeeze object solution without giving any substitution text.

That's why such solutions are that dangerous.

Thank you for your reply!
    Yes, they are.

I already asked my coworker and he didn't do it. He talked with his friends who work with Navision and found out that it happens sometime with this version of Nav. And they only could suggest to find backup of saved fob.
  • Options
    Nimir wrote:
    He talked with his friends who work with Navision and found out that it happens sometime with this version of Nav.
    Uuhhh... that's annoying. Never heard about that bug although I worked with that version in former times, but that's long ago. Anyway, if that belongs to a bug I would assume that someone else should have had that issue. I would try google.
  • Options
    Nimir wrote:
    He talked with his friends who work with Navision and found out that it happens sometime with this version of Nav.
    Uuhhh... that's annoying. Never heard about that bug although I worked with that version in former times, but that's long ago. Anyway, if that belongs to a bug I would assume that someone else should have had that issue. I would try google.

Thank you. I already did. Nothing I could find.
  • Options
    Nimir wrote:
    Thank you. I already did. Nothing I could find.
    Me neither. That's what confuses me a little bit. If it's a known bug then you should find something.
  • Options
    So found old fob of this object with code in it. Seems like it's only way to get info back.
    Thanks for help everyone.