Options

login issue with NavUserPassword in NAV 2013

Amolkbhad23Amolkbhad23 Member Posts: 46
edited 2013-12-06 in NAV Three Tier
hi

i am getting below error when i am login in nav from local system to NAV server.

Cannot connect to the server because of a protocol mismatch. This can be caused by the client and server having incompatible credential settings (ClientServicesCredentialType). Contact your system administrator.

In Nav server my Credential Type is NavUserPassword . i can login from server but from local system whne i connect to nav server i got this error.

Please help,
thanks
Amol Bhad

Comments

• Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
  • Options
    Amolkbhad23Amolkbhad23 Member Posts: 46
    hi,
    i check as per blog.
    i done every step as mention in that.
    now i can access nav in server. but in local system (i.e. in client PC) after login i am getting below error.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    The client could not establish a connection to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.

FaultCode = 'InvalidSecurity'

Reason = 'An error occurred when verifying security for the message.'
    OK

](*,)

please help.

thanks
    Amol Bhad
  • Options
    ChinmoyChinmoy Member Posts: 359
    Not sure, but it might be some name resolution issue. Did you try with the server IP address, instead of name?
  • Options
    ChristianDamm_[MSFT]ChristianDamm_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 15
    Are you saying that

1) if you log in (or remote desktop) to the machine on which the NAV server is installed, and run the Windows client from there, it works?

2) if you are on another machine and run the Windows client from there, it doesn't work?

Then it sounds like a bad configuration of your Windows client on the other machine. Try locating your ClientUserSettings.config file on that machine and see whether it also contains NavUserPassword.

The search order for ClientUserSettings.config:
    1. Given on the command-line (e.g. "-settings:..\..\ClientUserSettings.config")
    2. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\ClientUserSettings.config
    3. C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\ClientUserSettings.config
    4. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\ClientUserSettings.config
    5. in the same folder as the client.exe

/Christian
    Christian Heide Damm
    Developer @ Microsoft