Options

NAV 2013 Missing Captions

kkthxkkthx Member Posts: 15
edited 2013-12-06 in NAV Three Tier
Haio Mibusers :)

So I recently got into a project where I need to implement a bunch of objects (Edited and New ones) in NAV 2013. Problem is, the objects only have GER caption and i need to translate it to PT. I don't need to worry about the translation as it's someone else doing it, all i need is to export into an excel file the objects (and fields) missing PT caption and then import back in.

To address this issue, I've selected the objects and using NAV's 2013 Translate Tool Exported as TXT.
After that I got a NAV2009 R2 installed with MergeTool and ObjectManagerAdvanced ( Separately ofc ) to process the TXT to do the comparison and get the missing captions, however all I could do is compare Captions with other objects already in DB to automatically get the missing captions, this is not enough because most objects still miss captions.

It is my first time dealing with such a batch of objects missing translation and so I'm having some trouble getting what i need :oops:

Can anyone point me out in the right direction? Is any other tool that I don't know about to deal with translations?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments