Cannot copy from form on Nav - Is there some setting?

nav_dellnav_dell Member Posts: 15
edited 2013-11-22 in Navision Attain
Hi,
We have a normal form (ie. not matrix) in Navision which pulls in multiple columns from a table to view.

However we cannot copy data from this form into excel or any other application. Is there some setting I need to enable on the form to be able to do this - I have looked through everything twice and can't find anything.

To copy we are selecting all data by clicking in the top left corner and then clicking copy which we have the option of when right clicking. It doesn't put anything into the clipboard though.

Thanks.

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    It's supposed to work. Perhaps there is a lot of data in the form, and you are clicking to the other app too soon, while it is still copying the data to the clipboard. When I need to copy large sets of data I hit copy, and then click in one of the fields. Then I wait for the cursor to move, which is when it is done copying the data to the clipboard.
  • nav_dellnav_dell Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your reply. I am definitely waiting for it to copy and use the trick (clicking onto a column to make sure it deselects) aswell. It's just not copying it!
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've never seen it not work, I don't know what is wrong with your system
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
  • wicwic Member Posts: 96
    did you get a solution? I've same problem here. Cannot copy to clipboard an editable list-form... other forms are ok but this one->something is locking it-still researching what/which field.
    regards
    Chris
    #### Only one can survive ######
  • geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    wic wrote:
    did you get a solution? I've same problem here. Cannot copy to clipboard an editable list-form... other forms are ok but this one->something is locking it-still researching what/which field.
    regards
    Chris

Is it a custom form? Did you try copying just one or a few records?
  • wicwic Member Posts: 96
    hi,
    it's totally a custom form. But should be a "simple" form based on a table. (No head/lines or matrix or..)
    what I can say is that some fields are "not editable", some fields have "colors update" or bold, some are flowfields.

I tried 1 record (with different one)->didn't work,
    I cannot select some records ( :?: )
    I tried with all records.

I I go to the table, it works (as expected).

The "engine" version is 5SP1, the >DB is 4 (I know, old stuff, hopefully it will became a collector)
    Regards
    Chris
    #### Only one can survive ######
  • AlbertvhAlbertvh Member Posts: 516
    Hi,
    Perhaps there is a transparent form on top of the one showing the information.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Maybe someone has added code to prevent the use of Ctrl-C to copy records? There are a few tricks to do this:
    Disable Copy on List Forms
    Disable copy-paste random table to Excel?
    Disable Copy - Paste
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)