Options

Synchronize data with Rapidstart

FommoFommo Member Posts: 138
edited 2013-11-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi

I have a customer that needs a simple synchronization between their companies in NAV 2013, i.e. customer and vendor data. They don't want the tables to be shared as global tables, but synchronized by schedule.
Would it be possible, or even wise, to use RapidStart for this? It's quite easy in RapidStart to point out what fields to export/import, but can it be scheduled and perhaps more important can it update existing data?

Or should this rather be done by XMLPorts or CHANGECOMPANY solution? That would require more code, but as this will be a continuous transfer we want a stable and working solution of course. :thumbsup:

Kind Regards
/Simon

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Personally, I would go for a webservice-solution ... and make it more generic, being able to add mappings, and other stuff .. and making it possible to add more tables. We did this internally, and we implement it all the time at new customers now .. on all kinds of tables.

But regarding RapidStart - yes, it is possible to automate the execution of it. although, I wouldn't be in favor doing it like this, just because - and this is only my opinion - RapidStart is not built for that.

I would never go for a CHANGECOMPANY-solution. if you go MT tomorrow, this solution doesn't work anymore.

The XMLPort-solution seems to me second best at this stage. Quite straight forward...

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog