Options

NAV 2013 object runs but crashes in development

davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
edited 2013-11-20 in NAV Three Tier
I have a NAV 2013 page object that runs and compiles. However, if I bring it up in designer or save it to text, the NAV development crashes.
Has anyone seen this problem before?
The original NAV supplied object was lightly modified.
This is a onetime problem, so I am wondering if this was just a freak occurence.

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Does eventviewer tells you something more?
    I remember a similar kind of crashes when there was a missing field/tabledata in the page. (i mean, some table/field existing in page, but not in the table).
    Also it can be some "build no." discrepancy from the original client to your client
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    The event viewer is not very helpful - program crashed because of an unhandled exception.
    I have tried opening it on all the systems I have used for development.
    I even tried adding all the optional fields in the choose columns (sales subform page) and it still runs fine.
    Maybe there was some minor glitch when it saved the form that does affect running it.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i'm trying to remember...i'm almost sure it happened to me too, but i don't know how did i solve it (maybe the page was easy and i just recreated it). Try to do some of these:
    - delete obj metadata before recompiling
    - copy the object, delete it, paste it
    - export/import as xml
    - delete the language module of the object before recompiling it
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    I am going to consider this as a one time freak occurrence for now since I have never had this exact problem occur before or since.
    The page fortunately only had minor changes, so it was easy to recreate.