Options

Formatting decimal fields in NAV 2009 RTC reports

poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
edited 2013-11-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi everyone,
I have a report designed in NAV 2009 RTC where the amounts should have three decimal places.
How to do that in Visual Studio?
I looked into Properties->Format and I only found yhe format for two decimal places.
What shall I do?
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Use DecimalPlaces property in section design (classic client) for the corresponding Textbox, setting "3:3" if you want always to show 3 decimals or "2:3" to show the only if needed.
    To make in work assure in layout design (Visual Studio) to set Format property of the factbox: there will be in dataset an entry called "[YourField]Format", use it setting Format with "=Fields![YourField]Format.Value"
  • Options
    poppinspoppins Member Posts: 647
    geordie wrote:
    Use DecimalPlaces property in section design (classic client) for the corresponding Textbox, setting "3:3" if you want always to show 3 decimals or "2:3" to show the only if needed.
    To make in work assure in layout design (Visual Studio) to set Format property of the factbox: there will be in dataset an entry called "[YourField]Format", use it setting Format with "=Fields![YourField]Format.Value"
    Thank you for your reply...but does that enable the thousand separator as well???
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    poppins wrote:
    Thank you for your reply...but does that enable the thousand separator as well???

Yes :)