Options

Workfolw with Visio and the Nav. Database Server

MarcelWMarcelW Member Posts: 46
Hello,

first of all: I am not a Navision expert, so i hope you understand my question und your answers are easy to read for me.

I have to build the environment to use Navision-Workflow with Visio and the same backwards. Seems like it is possible to visualize an Workflow of Navision in Visio by export. The help I have are this few lines:

• Requirements: Installed Navision Database Server, C/Front (Navision SDK 4.0) and Visio 2003

• Open File "Sample.vsd" in Vision, open the shape-property of the workflow Servers and adjust to the own environment

• Set the path to the files in the Workflow-Setup in Navision

• Make sure that the file "msvcr71.dll" exists in the directory Windows\System32

Thats all I have, and there are noone to ask. So I really need your help.

Already the first step ist impossible for me.
I install the Navision Database Server from CD and tried to start the server.exe but an error occured in the Console:
The program is unable to connect to the servers process.
This is because the server is running as a service using a system account.
Please run the client using the network instead.

My first question is: HOW TO START THE NAVISION DATABASE SERVER CORRECTLY.
Second question: IS THERE ANY DOCUMENTAION AVAILABLE THAT DISCRIBES THE NAVISION WORKFLOW VISION INTEGRATION

thanks for all answers and tips or links

bye

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    On the same product CD there is a folder named DOCS. There is a Server instalation manual there.

Sorry, don't know about the VISIO thing. :(
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Are you sure that you did not install Navision Application Server instead Navision Database Server?

Reconfigure the Navision Database Server to use TCP not TCPS. You can use regedit for this. There are posts about this on this forum. See the documentation too.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    MarcelWMarcelW Member Posts: 46
    Thanks for answers until now.

"microsoft business solutions-navision database server 4.0",
    that is what i've installed.
  • Options
    jgrefejgrefe Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I guess you are referring to the Tetura Workflow Management add-on. You should contact support @ Tectura with your questions (i.e. Tectura office in Berlin)

Regards,
    Jan Grefe
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    For installing the DB-server, you can check this out.
    It is for more DB-servers on 1 PC, but works also for only 1 DB-server on 1 PC.
    http://www.mibuso.com/howtoinfo.asp?FileID=10
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!