Options

Always a new page. Why?

Evert-JanEvert-Jan Member Posts: 36
edited 2013-11-08 in NAV Three Tier
Do you know why always a new page is started in RTC (at least NAV2013) when you click on the new button?
Can it be avoided?
See also the picture.
Regards,
Evert-Jan

Comments

• Options
    vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi ,

I think this is by design.
    It should allow a user to create more then one new record in separate windows.
    In Classic client you can only create one new record, and after that the second one, in RTC you can create as many as you want in one go.
    I know it is very different compared with Classic client but users get use to it very quickly and they love it after that.

It is possible to use Edit or View Property, which will not open a new window, but I would not do it, as it is against the design in RTC.
    (If you change one page but everything else in NAV RTC uses standard behaviour, this may confuse users. )
    Keep the same pattern. :-)

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    I agree that it's by design (at least I could not find a property to switch it off).
    Still there are sometimes situations where this is not handy.
    Especially when you type a lot of data.
    For example a person that has to enter 50 timesheets.

Do you know about a workaround?
    Regards,
    Evert-Jan
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    You could let users insert new records in a list page, keepeing CardPageID property blank to avoid opening any card.
  • Options
    Well, creative solution!
    But we need the card page (it contains a subpage with lines).
    The issue here is that if you are already in the card page and you press the 'New' button then again a new card page is started...
    Regards,
    Evert-Jan
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    And what about a worksheet combined with a list subpage? :)
    Something like this with done test header/line tables.