Options

Auto Apply Customer Ledger Entries

PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
edited 2013-11-06 in NAV Three Tier
Guys,

I have requirement to create auto apply for customer entries. So, for example if "Outstanding amount" for ALL Customer Ledger Entries is equal to 0 it can be automatically applied. It sound so simple but I actually I don`t know where to start from. Should I mostly use existing standard functionality and code or actually it all needs to be created from scratch? Can you please give me some hints where to start from?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Starting with the help:

Application Method Field
    The Customer Table

Here you can choose how the program will apply payments for this customer.

To determine the application method, click the AssistButton in the field and select one of the two options:

Manual

Apply to Oldest

If you do not enter anything here, the application method will be Manual.

Your choice will have the following effect:

If you select Manual, you must manually specify in the Apply Customer Entries window which sales document a payment applies to.

If you select Apply to Oldest, the program will automatically apply the payment to the oldest of the customer's open entries
  • Options
    PurpleHazePurpleHaze Member Posts: 42
    Hi Miklos,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I need to make it completely automatic, so to loop through all entries for one Customer and to see if the amount is zero. If yes, then I should post them all. From that point on I am confused.

Cheers
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

how about trying it out in cronus? Apply to oldest should do what you want, the only thing would be a check if the balance of the customer is zero. This is a minor customization then. You could configure it as an additional application method.

with best regards

Jens