Options

"Require Put-away" Warehouse management problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Hello,

I'm quite new into Warehouse Managment so, please be kind, if I ask anything stupid.

Navision 4.00

On a certain Location Card I have enabled "Require put-away", "Require Recieve" is disabled. When I make a purchase order, Navi allows to post (recieve) it regardless of the fact that it hasn't been put-away yet. Is there an option to disable such behavior? We want all our orders to that location to go through put-away activities.

The funny thing is if I create a put-away from my order, and then try to post it... now it complains... which is good, but it should have been complaning before as well.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Marko

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    "Require put-away" means that the items are not directly available for picking after the receivement ( or the shipment from the order) has been posted, but have to be "put-away" to the right bin with a separate registration.

Some more information:
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    DarkSideDarkSide Member Posts: 46
    The concept here is that you have to receive it first before you can put it away.

Are you looking for some kind of additional control for receiving? If so, check out Lanham and Associates (www.lanhamassoc.com). They have two different receiving add-on's - one is called e-receive and does cool things like print barcoded labels for the received goods and receive via keyboard wedge scanning - the other works with ADCS to receive via RF scanning (of course this means to be effective the inventory has to be barcoded already). I've worked a great deal with e-receive and can say it's an excellent product to streamline receiving and put in some nice internal controls.
    My mommy says I'm special