Options

Trailing Sales Orders in NAV2013

chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
edited 2013-09-15 in NAV Three Tier
Have just been exploring the standard example of using a query page in NAV2013 - trailing sales orders.

It's surprising to me that MS have used the "Amount" field form the Sales Line table as the cornerstone to this feature (see the query object). If you have a look at this in the standard Cronus database, the Amount field on the sales lines are populated so the query works fine.

However, if you Release->ReOpen an open Sales Order, then the "Amount" fields are cleared. Therefore, if you look at the chart values, then Release an Open Sales Order, then Re-Open the same Sales Order, I would expect the Chart values to remain the same at the end of this operation - but they do not.

Anybody think MS should have used the "Line Amount" field as opposed to the Amount field ?? (Or am I missing something obvious?)

Comments

• Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    I agree about the problem you are saying with using the Amount field, however using "Line Amount" also has problems e.g. it sometimes holds amounts excluding VAT and sometimes amounts including VAT, also it doesn't include Invoice Discount. No easy option really (straight out of the box).