Options

NAV 2009 R2 RTC: role center

GabryGabry Member Posts: 48
edited 2013-09-06 in NAV Three Tier
I created a new Page of "Role Center" Type for RTC, but I do not know how to replace the current one with the new one.

Please where should I set the new role center page?

Answers

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

Add the new Record in Profile Page which have Role center page ID as your new page ID.
    * - Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/Profiles.

Then Select the new Profile for the user that you want to use New Role Center Page.
    * Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/User Personalization

If you want to make the New Role Center Page as Default (Opens for all users who have Profile ID Blank in User Personalization) then in Step 1 Click Default Role Center Page.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    postsaurav wrote:

Dear postsaurav, your insight were useful: thank you.

I added a page of Type "Card Part" to my Role Center (page of type "Role Center"): see the attached picture. I added to Card Part page some lists (linked to a Cue Table for the count of rows).

My issue now is how add a link to task or to a report to my "Card Part" page as shown in the attached pitcure on the right (such as "New Sales Quote"). I look at that code and I compared it with another page which does not have the links but I did not figure out.

How can I add a link to task or to a report to my "Card Part" page as shown in the attached pitcure on the right?
  • Options
    Hi Gabry,

For adding control actions read the article -

http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2013/08/difference-between-page-action-and.html

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    postsaurav wrote:
    Hi Gabry,

For adding control actions read the article -

http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2013/08/difference-between-page-action-and.html

Dear postsaurav, it works. Thank you.

My new issue now is that I have to filter by "Branch Code", which depends on user setup. I do not know how to filter the cue table related to the fields in the GroupCue in the CardPart Page. The other filters are compared with costant Option values (such as Status = "Open"). In this case the value is variable. I created one additional field "Brach Code" in the cue table in order to compare fields in the count filter of cue table values.

The issue is how to update the field "Brach Code" in the cue table. I tried to use OnInit and OnOpenPage triggers in the CardPart Page, but they are not raised.

Do you have any solution please?
  • Options
    Hi,
    My new issue now is that I have to filter by "Branch Code", which depends on user setup. I do not know how to filter the cue table related to the fields in the GroupCue in the CardPart Page. The other filters are compared with costant Option values (such as Status = "Open"). In this case the value is variable. I created one additional field "Brach Code" in the cue table in order to compare fields in the count filter of cue table values.

The issue is how to update the field "Brach Code" in the cue table. I tried to use OnInit and OnOpenPage triggers in the CardPart Page, but they are not raised.

What i can understand from this is -
    1) There is a Branch Code in User Setup, which can accept multiple Branch code.
    2) Now suppose you wanted to update the Sales Cue Table based on Branch Code.

Questions -
    a) Does Branch Code Flow in Sales Documents (Quote/Orders)?
    b) Do you want queue to update all the Sales Document Queue Values based on Branch he is assigned to in User Setup?

Explain the issue?

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

• Options
    postsaurav wrote:
    Hi,

What i can understand from this is -
    1) There is a Branch Code in User Setup, which can accept multiple Branch code.
    2) Now suppose you wanted to update the Sales Cue Table based on Branch Code.

Questions -
    a) Does Branch Code Flow in Sales Documents (Quote/Orders)?
    b) Do you want queue to update all the Sales Document Queue Values based on Branch he is assigned to in User Setup?

Explain the issue?

Sorry for the delay of my answer. Answering to both questions all are yes. I solve teh problem using flowfilters. Using Branch Code in the User Setup Table and the Branch Code in the "Sales Header" Table.

Many thanks for your useful help!
  • Options
    Hi Gabry,

Great to Hear that you resolved your issue. :thumbsup:

You are always welcome.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani