Options

db access problem when using axapta v3 sp4

masqazimasqazi Member Posts: 22
edited 2005-09-08 in Dynamics AX
i cant create new tables in AOT in axapta v3 sp4.... possible reason is access / rights problem with db... but how to exactly figure out the problem and rectify

i am using demo version
Smile !! it increases your face value.

Comments

• Options
    the prblem is due to license... when i reload the license file, its fine....still everytime i open axapta client i have to reload the license file...how to solve this
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hi,

Normally you shouldn't have to reload license every time. Are you still facing this problem? If so, how do you load the license file? Also can you let us know more about the license file please.

Regards,

Harish Mohanbabu
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..
  • Options
    still i have to reload the license everytime i open the axapta client... ( the most foolish things i have to do now-a-days).

when axapta client (2 tier) is opened, after login it will display a msg "your license expired , axapta running of demo version" and then upgrade checklist page open. there i use "license information" link to load my license file. alternatively i can load from Main menu-administraton-setup-system-license info.

if i dont load license file, and try to open tables/forms creaed by me an error "not enough right to open table xyz" is shown. when i load file, everything is fine.

the license file contents are like this ...

LicenseVersion 1

License #Demo License

Properties
    Name #Demo License
    Serial #0202DEMO
    Date #01.02.2004
    EndProperties

Codes

CodeLine #1
    ---
    ---
  • Options
    HarishHarish Member Posts: 172
    Hi,

Usually the demo license would expire on a certain date. Looks like the date that you had mentioned is the expiry date in this case. If you change the system date some time before the expiry date, you won't get the 'license expired ..' message.

Try to complete all the steps mentioned in Installation & Upgrade check list.

Regards,

Harish Mohanbabu
    Harish Mohanbabu
    Long way to go before I sleep..
  • Options
    yes by changing system date earlier to that in license file, its fine... so i need to change my license file..

however, how does everything become fine when i load the same file after login???