Options

Navigation Pane and Activities Part

AdrianAkersAdrianAkers Member Posts: 137
edited 2013-08-21 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have an Activities Part in my Role Centre that is working really well. I notice that the Cues on the Activities part are automatically added to the HomeItems on the Navigation Pane. Is there a way to stop this as I don't want the Cues to automatically appear on the Navigation Pane?

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Comments

• Options
    PomaroliPomaroli Member Posts: 37
    hi adrian,
    normally they are not associated....i guess
  • Options
    It's really weird. I have an Activity Part on the Page and the Cues from that Part are automatically added to the Navigation Pane... But I don't want this to happen. I want the Navigation Pane as I have designed it and the Cues to be accessible only from the Activity Part. Anyone else seen this before? ](*,)
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    I have the same issue. I created my own page that are marketing cues, and each "pile" is added to the Navigation Pane. I spoke with MS about it and this was their reply:

Based on the limited information, I believe that the behavior you are describing is by design and is documented in the Developer and IT Pro documentation. Please see the topic titled Home Button Overview. Here is the relevant excerpt...

There are two ways that you can add items to the Home button:

Add actions on the Role Center page.

You use the Action Designer to add actions under the HomeItems control. You set up the actions to open list pages. Each action appears as an item under the Home button

Add Cues on the Role Center page.

Items from Cues are added to the Home Button automatically. When you add a cue, you set the DrillDownFormID Property to a list page for displaying the data. An item that links to the list page of the Cue automatically appears under the Home button. For more information, see Walkthrough: Creating a Cue on a Role Center

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Did they say how not to add them though? I don't want it to add them as design, especially if I have lots of Cues? Perhaps if I code the OnAction of the Cue and remove the DrillDown property they will not appear? What do you think?
  • Options
    Didn't work as they always appear...

But is it not working differently when you load Role Center 9006?

Well confused...
  • Options
    i didn't figure out how to remove them.... but i did figure out how to group them.... If only the Visible property worked.
  • Options
    OttoOtto Member Posts: 17
    Hi aseigle,

can you teach me how to group it ?

thanks.
  • Options
    Design the Role Center you are looking to modify. Go to View > Actions. Under the "Home Items" section, add a new selection with type = Action. Set the RubObject Property to be a Page that your que was created for, ie. Page Sales Quotes.

Then, open the activities page, you created, and for each pile, set the drilldownid property to be equal to the Property you set above.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    OttoOtto Member Posts: 17
    Hi Aseigle,

Thanks for your help. now i can group the cue.

thanks.
  • Options
    you are welcome.

don't forget to mark this as solved.
  • Options
    chrisdfchrisdf Member Posts: 82
    I know this is an old post but really is a limitation we could do without (if anyone from MS is reading this).

The proposed workaround described above does not work if you have code on the Drilldown trigger of the cue activity ](*,)