Options

Searching feature in navision

jksjks Member Posts: 277
Hi all,

See the list of contacts( press F5 on contact card). 'Type' field is not included in the list.
I want to search on filed 'Type' when that list is open ( i do not want to include 'Type' field in the list). And also after search i want to display only those records in the list which are matching my search criteria.
(i.e searching inside the record)

Please Help.

Comments

• Options
    lubostlubost Member Posts: 616
    Your problem, as you described, can be solved by Table Filter (Ctrl-F7).
  • Options
    Can you please tell me how can i use table filter?
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Navision Manual?

Online Help?

This is BASIC NAVISION!
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Mark,
    I really don't think it is appropriate to make an issue of someone's level of knowledge. What you consider basic is advanced for someone else. If you do not want to reply, just don't reply. This forum should be accessible for any type of question. Like my high school math teacher would say: there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.

jks,
    If you don't add the field to the list form, you can't search on it. The only way you can restrict the number of records in the list is by entering a filter on that field. You can open the table filter by pressing Ctrl+F7, or by cicking the view menu and selecting 'Table Filter'. In the window that opens there, you select the type field on the left side, and you enter the filter criteria on the right side.
  • Options
    Maybe you are right Daniel, but this is so basic Navision.

I think people should use Navision Help or Search the forum first before asking questions.

Mabye my reaction was a bit short, but this is what I meant.
  • Options
    Hi Denster and Mark Brummel,

Thanks for your replies. It was really a very basic question. I should had to first use navision help. In hurry i asked a very basic question.
  • Options
    Hi all,
    Once again a query on searching feature in navision.

Can we search the content of Blob field. I have one blob field in a table which stores memo type of data. I want to search for blob field.

Please help.
  • Options
    HalMdyHalMdy Member Posts: 429
    I'm affraid I have to say : "No" :(
  • Options
    Can't we even do so programmatically?
  • Options
    What does the blob field contain?

If it contains text you can create some code that reads/export the blob fields and search within the text.

It is not very standard Navision though. :D

It will also require some performance I think.