Options

RTC Report Paper Size

Johan_van_HJohan_van_H Member Posts: 4
edited 2013-05-22 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me.
We are running a 2009 R2 W1 DB in several countries.
Now we have started moving the users to use the RTC client. In Europe everything went fine, but now in the US we are having issues with the reporting.

The reports which are in use by the “A4” and “Letter” countries are set in the RDLC to the A4 paper size.

This is causing issues if the printer does not except A4 but only Letter.

The Classic Client was able to handle this as it uses the printer properties, but the RTC is using the report properties.

Does someone has an idea how we can solve this without creating all reports 2 times for each paper size?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    hhhhmmm it seems like I am alone with my problem.

Is anyone having the same report on RTC which needs to be printed on A4 and Letter?
    Please try to do that without using the preview.

Maybe someone in NA can try to print the Detail Trial Balance without previewing and let me know the result.

Would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Hello,

we still did not find a solution for this, someone has any ideas?

Thanks,
    Johan
  • Options
    clauslclausl Member Posts: 455
    Unfortunately, you will need to create reports for both A4 and Letter. It would be great if we could control this from Report Dataset Designer, but for now we cannot do that.

Microsoft Support has created a tool that converts multiple A4 reports to Letter reports. If you create a case I’m sure they will give you this tool.
    But you will unfortunately end up with 2 different reports. One for A4 and one for Letter.

Btw, I am not sure why this tool is not just released to all partners?

/Claus Lundstrøm
    Claus Lundstrøm | MVP | Senior Product Manager | Continia.com
    I'm blogging here:http://mibuso.com/blogs/clausl and used to blog here: http://blogs.msdn.com/nav
    I'm also offering RDLC Report Training, ping me if you are interested. Thanks to the 700 NAV developers that have now already been at my training. You know you can always call if you have any RDLC report issues :-)