Options

Service Account for Dynamics instance account

gtrgtr Member Posts: 131
edited 2013-05-14 in NAV Three Tier
Hello,

Dynamics Nav 2013
SQL Server 2012

We have problems to create Dynamics Nav Instances :
When trying to use a specific domain user as the service account for Dynamics, I get this error message on the administration tool of Dynamics Nav :
The specified account is not valid.
Detailed description : Impossible de traduire certaines ou toutes les references d'identité.

The last sentence in french is telling something like : Its not possible to translate some or all references of identity

The account is member of domain users and administrators group

Could someone give me some indications to create a valid account on the domain that I can use as Dynamics Nav service account ?

Answers

• Options
    Excepti0nalExcepti0nal Member Posts: 74
    Have you added the service account to the SQL Server?
  • Options
    When I try to add a new user to the database, I can't find the domain user I created on the Domain controler (AD)
  • Options
    peter.lipeter.li Member Posts: 11
    You can create instance with default account ,and then modify it in windows service.
  • Options
    I can't find a solution so I started from zero again.
    I'm installing SQL Server 2012 and when coming to Service accounts I can't change the default accounts because the mapping between account name and security ID is not done.
    I searched a long time on Google but I can't find the solution.

Some words about the architecture :
    Installation on cloud
    1 server with AD
    1 server with SQL Server and NAV
    1 server with IIS
    I created a domain user in AD but when I try to assign this user as the service account for SQLServer I get the error.
  • Options
    I found my error : the account needed the permission to connect as a service :)