Options

Partial Invoice on Assembly - Assembly Management NAV2013

Joe_MathisJoe_Mathis Member Posts: 173
edited 2013-05-09 in NAV Three Tier
NAV2013
Assembly Management

I create a Sales Order from multiple sales orders so that I can have one shipment (how the customer wants it) .

ALL items are Assembly Items (Assemble-to-Order)

When I try Post(Invoice) more than once after Posting the whole shipment, I get an error.

Basically, I have an order for 100, I ship 100, I invoice 25, I try to invoice another 25 and get the following error...

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The quantity that you are trying to invoice is larger than the quantity in the item ledger with the entry number XXXX.
OK

Anyone else have this issue yet?

EDIT: SOLVED
Microsoft (Tom Blaisdell) responded with this:
If issues are occurring with Assembly Management in NAV 2013 with Partial Invoicing in an Assemble to Order scenario, it is highly recommend that you contact support for a fix for Issue ID Number 343481 and 344793. We cannot publish fixes on the Forum for control purposes, so please contact your partner if you are a customer and require the Assembly Order corrections. If you are a partner, please submit a support incident. The case will be marked as non-chargeable by support to provide the corrections. The corrections will be released in a future rolled-up correction for NAV 2013. However, for now, please be aware of some pending correction releases.

This does not correct already posted entries, Rene may have something later on in the posts... read on.

EDIT: ISSUE FOUND

When you have a tracked item after the assembly and you post ship then try to post invoice, you get an error...

Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The quantity to invoice does not match the quantity defined in item tracking.
OK
Plan to re-open the case with Microsoft.

Comments

• Options
    refref Member Posts: 20
    I have the same issue and have reported it to MBS.

/René
    /René
  • Options
    I check the Forums first...

MS knows about a similar issue, and gave me a fix, but it didn't do what I was looking for.

Fairly simple to recreate in Cronus...
    (Using the NA version of 2013)
    Change 1924-W to Assemble-to-Order on Item Card.
    Make new Sales Order for Cannon (10000).
    Enter Line for 200 Item 1924-W out of BLUE warehouse.
    Post - Ship the whole 200.
    Post - Invoice 100.
    Post - Invoice 50 <---- ERROR.

Is this the same error you have?

MS said would be in the next platform rollup update, hopefully this makes it too.
    I will ask the support tech for an issue ID if I get a resolution and make sure it's OK to post it here.
  • Options
    Exactly the flow I reported to MS, they have accepted the issue and are working………

So I am looking forward to their solution :-)

/René Fuhlendorf
    /René
  • Options
    From your answer I can see our issues has hit each other inside MS. The fix i got didn't solve the issue, so we have to wait a bit.

/René
    /René
  • Options
    Hi Rene,

I got a bit of code from Microsoft the other day that resolved this for me.
    Just finished testing it out in Cronus and the customers test database.

Was told it would be in a future hotfix, and asked not to post code for Quality Control purposes.

If you get an issue ID, feel free to post as well. I'll do the same.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Hi Joe,

I did get some code too and it looks like it solves the issue. However only in a forward way, old orders that ain't posted, still can't be posted. We are working on a way to solve this be comparing lines from a new order, in order to find out how to fix it.

/René
    /René
  • Options
    Hi Rene,

Luckily I was still testing with the customer when we found it. No correction required.
    If you do figure out a good way to fix the Item Ledger Entries and everything else that went wrong maybe send it on to MS.
    I figure they should be able to help you out with that if it was on a live customer system... anyways :whistle:

My issue is resolved, so I'm going to post this in the beginning too and make it as solved. (Again?)

Microsoft (Tom Blaisdell) responded with this:
    If issues are occurring with Assembly Management in NAV 2013 with Partial Invoicing in an Assemble to Order scenario, it is highly recommend that you contact support for a fix for Issue ID Number 343481 and 344793. We cannot publish fixes on the Forum for control purposes, so please contact your partner if you are a customer and require the Assembly Order corrections. If you are a partner, please submit a support incident. The case will be marked as non-chargeable by support to provide the corrections. The corrections will be released in a future rolled-up correction for NAV 2013. However, for now, please be aware of some pending correction releases.
  • Options
    Found an unexpected side effect.

If you have an assembly and then have an "Item Tracked" Item after it, (I used Lot Tracking Item 80010) for a quantity greater than the assembly being shipped, it messes up the tracking specification and only makes Item Ledger entries for the amount being shipped on the Assembly line.

To recreate:
    Install the code changes into a Cronus Database Cu 80.
    (Using the NA version of 2013)
    Change 1924-W to Assemble-to-Order on Item Card.
    Add 30 Item 80010 with Lot No = Test to Blue using Item Journal and post.

Make new Sales Order for Cannon (10000).
    Enter Line for 20 Item 1924-W out of BLUE warehouse.
    Enter Line for 30 Item 80010 out of BLUE warehouse, with Item Tracking specifying the 30 lot "Test".
    Post Ship.
    Post Invoice.

ERROR
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

The quantity to invoice does not match the quantity defined in item tracking.
    OK
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The solution is don't post partial orders for assembly orders... :thumbsdown:

This problem is compounded when you incorproate Warehouse Shipment.
  • Options
    Yeah...

Like that big guy said in prison... you might as well do it, you got no choice. :shock:
    :mrgreen:

Customer needs it that way and I wasn't clever enough to figure out a way around it and still have the desired results.
  • Options
    It was a cumulative repair....
    The issue was caused because both VSTF 343481 and 344793 are required.
    When I was working through the initial issue 343481 ID didn't work so I removed it.
    Both changes are required. :D

Thanks Tom!