Options

build 34587 - platform and application changes

alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
edited 2013-05-07 in NAV Three Tier
Microsoft just released new build (34587) for NAV2013. It contains not only platform changes (dll files), but more than 200 modified NAV objects. However, this is worldwide version, but objects for local verisons are not available yet. Which means, I cannot import those objects into NorthAmerica version of NAV2013. Some functionality and all non-ENU captions will be lost.

My question is:
Would it be safe to apply only platform fixes from the build 34587, and NOT to apply application fixes from this build?

Comments

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Having bad experiences in the Windows Client (RTC) with platform updates, I would say no.

Try it out in your test environment and let us know if it works for you!
  • Options
    matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    alex9 wrote:
    Microsoft just released new build (34587) for NAV2013. It contains not only platform changes (dll files), but more than 200 modified NAV objects. However, this is worldwide version, but objects for local verisons are not available yet. Which means, I cannot import those objects into NorthAmerica version of NAV2013. Some functionality and all non-ENU captions will be lost.

My question is:
    Would it be safe to apply only platform fixes from the build 34587, and NOT to apply application fixes from this build?

Hi

I'm merging this rollup with our partner platform and yes, it's a bit difficoult merge a local version (with Nav italian changes and captions) with a worldwide rollup.
    I recommend you to follow the "changelog.txt": it help resolving conflicts :)

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Options
    Excepti0nalExcepti0nal Member Posts: 74
    I have applied all of the current hotfixes (that are included in this rollup) to our production environment (Client & Server)with no issues. It has made the windows client much more stable. Users complained the client would crash when going back to a list and also there was an issue with the client locking up when trying to print a document. Both of these issues seemed to have been addressed in the March & April hotfixes. I would not recommened updating your server but not the clients. I would do all or nothing.
  • Options
    alex9alex9 Member Posts: 97
    Microsoft advised North American version of this rollup is going to be released soon, so we decided to wait for it.