Options

Send Options for Style Sheets in NAV 2013

trombonemantromboneman Member Posts: 7
edited 2013-05-06 in NAV Three Tier
In the NAV Classic Client there are three buttons on the top toolbar that enable Style Sheet use. The most useful button to us is the “Send Options” button. This allows us to choose from a number of Style Sheets that are associated with that particular form. We are in the process of upgrading from the 2009 R2 Classic Client to the NAV 2013 RTC, and I have not been able to find the equivalent of the “Send Options” button in the 2013 RTC. Can anyone point me in the correct direction or let me know if this feature has been discarded?

Actions I have taken (but that have not worked) to solve this issue on my own:
    Asked my partner Use the BackOffice button with the “Print and Send” menu item Look for hidden buttons on the ribbon Looked for pages similar to this form Compared the Classic client and the 2013 RTC (see below for details) Run the page from the designer – this throws an error on the Cronus DB and on my test DB: “Invalid format of GUID string. The correct format of the GUID string …” - This is probably as separate issue, but listed here for completeness.

Additional Information
In the Classic Client, pressing the "Send Options" button opens Form 693 – “Program Selection”, which uses Source Table 2000000065 - “Send-To Program”. Neither of these objects has been modified in our Classic environment. The fields listed on Form 693 are: “Name”, “Executable”, and “Style Sheet”. The Style Sheet field is a variable that is set by some C/AL code for the Form. The code seems to be a filter so that only those Style Sheets associated with the current Form are listed. The fields in the Table are: “Program ID”, “Executable”, “Parameter”, “Name”

This Form and Table are present in NAV 2013 DB. Table 2000000065 has exactly the same fields. Page 693 appears to have the same fields and variables. I can’t get to the code behind the page, but I am assuming it works in a similar manner to the Classic client.

Comments

• Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    noop, search this forum. There is movement in developing it.
  • Options
    trombonemantromboneman Member Posts: 7
    noop, search this forum. There is movement in developing it.
    I appreciate the reply. I did scour the forums, and found many people trying to get the Style Sheet Manager 2.0 to work with NAV. I am very interested in that as well, but this is a separate issue related to functionality that exists in previous versions of NAV without any additions or modifications. I do not need to manage Style Sheets right now, just to be able to use the ones I already have.