Options

Update NAV7 Step 2

wolfverinewwolfverinew Member Posts: 18
edited 2013-04-29 in NAV Three Tier
Good morning,

I'm doing a migration to Nav 7 am in STEP 2 tranfer data. I have a 90 gb BD and takes more than 24 hours and only 25% goes, this is normal? I'm very concerned about what times.

Anyone have some info??

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    I guess it really depends where the 90GB is located.

Any idea which table/process takes so long? Have you profiled the transaction?
  • Options
    wolfverinewwolfverinew Member Posts: 18
    I guess it really depends where the 90GB is located.

Any idea which table/process takes so long? Have you profiled the transaction?

If, in G / L entry, has 18408861 records.

It's where you take all the time but not if it is normal or not.

Thank you,
  • Options
    18 million is a lot.

I would profile the transaction and see if it slows down somewhere. If that does not help, then use a faster server.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    We haven't done an upgrade to NAV 2013 yet, but I've wondered about performance...particularly with the upgrade toolkit needing to restructure all the dimension subtable data into the new dimension set/dimension set ID structure. For a very large database, I'm worried how long that process could take. Is that the issue here?

Also, are you running the process locally on a very fast server/machine?
  • Options
    The dimension update is done using T-SQL directly and should be fast enough.