Options

Utitliy for Go-Live

TallMikeyTallMikey Member Posts: 40
Hello Everyone -

I thought I saw somewhere a utility that clears out the transactional ledgers and registers to use on a test database just before taking the customer live. For example, we dataport in the customers, etc., set them up and make test transactions while tweaking the setup. After that just before go live we want to clear out the ledgers and registers and do the final data conversion. Is there a utillity already made that will clear out these tables?

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Michael,

I think every solution center has such a tool, basicly it is a report or a codeunit which deletes al transactional data and if required some masterdata.

You can have mine if you want, but I will have to strip my add-ons from it, also I do not delete customers/vendors etc.

Maybe someone has a ready to use object for a standard Navision database.

If you want I can give you the table nos. you will have to clear.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    This tool is new in NA 4.01, may be that was included in previous versions of Navision US, but I do not know. It is under Administration - App. Setup - General - Setup Checklist - Functions - Implementation - Data Cleaning tab. I think that it was part of MBS Industry templates package...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    SoumyadipSoumyadip Member Posts: 209
    Hi All,

we are moving for go-live for a client very soon. This kind of a tool will help me a lot. Please can any body help me to get it.

Mark, i am too interested to have a look of ur one...& please let me know the functionality.

Thank You

Soumya
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    kine wrote:
    This tool is new in NA 4.01, may be that was included in previous versions of Navision US, but I do not know. It is under Administration - App. Setup - General - Setup Checklist - Functions - Implementation - Data Cleaning tab. I think that it was part of MBS Industry templates package...

Don't have that in the NL version. Could you send me the objects in a fob. Looks interesting.
  • Options
    TallMikeyTallMikey Member Posts: 40
    Thanks everyone - I found it in the Industry Templates and they have a codeunit to do that. Here is the code - it doesn't have the variables but you should get the idea. If you need the objects, go to Partner Source and download the Industry Template.

=====

DoCleaning()
    IF (COPYSTR(SERIALNUMBER,7,3) <> '002') AND (COPYSTR(SERIALNUMBER,7,3) <> '004') AND (COPYSTR(SERIALNUMBER,7,3) <> '006') THEN
    ERROR(Text001);

Window.OPEN(Text002+Text003);
    CLEAR(StatusCounter);
    TotalRecNo := 47;

CleanTable(17);
    CleanTable(21);
    CleanTable(25);
    CleanTable(32);
    CleanTable(45);
    CleanTable(46);
    CleanTable(86);
    CleanTable(87);
    CleanTable(110);
    CleanTable(111);
    CleanTable(112);
    CleanTable(113);
    CleanTable(114);
    CleanTable(115);
    CleanTable(120);
    CleanTable(121);
    CleanTable(122);
    CleanTable(123);
    CleanTable(124);
    CleanTable(125);
    CleanTable(169);
    CleanTable(203);
    CleanTable(238);
    CleanTable(239);
    CleanTable(240);
    CleanTable(241);
    CleanTable(254);
    CleanTable(272);
    CleanTable(275);
    CleanTable(276);
    CleanTable(281);
    CleanTable(297);
    CleanTable(298);
    CleanTable(300);
    CleanTable(304);
    CleanTable(305);
    CleanTable(339);
    CleanTable(379);
    CleanTable(380);
    CleanTable(405);
    CleanTable(5601);
    CleanTable(5617);
    CleanTable(5772);
    CleanTable(5773);
    CleanTable(5802);
    CleanTable(5810);
    CleanTable(5832);

Window.CLOSE;

CleanTable(TableNo : Integer)Window.UPDATE(2,Text004 + ' '+FORMAT(TableNo));
    StatusCounter := StatusCounter + 1;
    Window.UPDATE(1,ROUND(StatusCounter/TotalRecNo * 10000,1));
    RecordReference.OPEN(TableNo);
    RecordReference.DELETEALL(TRUE);
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Maybe it should be moved to tips & tricks forum? :-k