Options

Consolidate tables from different companies

casanovacasanova Member Posts: 194
edited 2013-04-17 in NAV Three Tier
hi all
is there possible that we can consolidate 1 same table from different companies?
lets say i want to show all of the customer list from 1 Database (more than 1 company inside database)
i need to create report consolidation from several companies

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Yes this is what the COMPANY function is all about. Just create a new table with the primary key Company,Customer No." set it common to all companies and populate it with the necessary data.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    You mean CHANGECOMPANY right?

I certainly do :oops:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Yes this is what the COMPANY function is all about. Just create a new table with the primary key Company,Customer No." set it common to all companies and populate it with the necessary data.

do i need to create something in SQL server before do this?
    how to populate data in this single table?
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    No, you don't need to change anything in SQL Server.

What is the purpose of this list? Is it a one time task or do you need it recurrent? Should it be some kind of print-out or do you need it in e.g. Excel as well?
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    No, you don't need to change anything in SQL Server.

What is the purpose of this list? Is it a one time task or do you need it recurrent? Should it be some kind of print-out or do you need it in e.g. Excel as well?
    i want to create report that will show all the customer from 1 database
    i dont think my users want to use excel
  • Options
    einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Well, then you could just create a Report and use function CHANGECOMPANY to read the customers from other companies. You don't even have to create an additional table.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • Options
    Well, then you could just create a Report and use function CHANGECOMPANY to read the customers from other companies. You don't even have to create an additional table.

:thumbsup:
    David Singleton