Options

Hardware Requirement for NAV 2013

ajayjainajayjain Member Posts: 119
edited 2013-02-25 in SQL Performance
Can you please advise, I don't know much about server. we are 300 users.

HP ProLiant DL360p G8 1U Rack Server - 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2603 1.8GHz -
2 Processor Support - 8 GB Standard - Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) RAID Supported,
Serial ATA/600 Controller - Gigabit Ethernet

HP RAM Module - 8 * 8 GB - DDR3 SDRAM - 1333 MHz DDR3-1333/PC3-10600 -
ECC - Registered - CL9 - 240-pin DIMM

HP 6 * 450 GB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - 6Gb/s SAS - 15000 rpm - Hot Pluggable

HP Power Module - 460 W - 110 V AC, 220 V AC

HP Flash Backed Write Cache - 512 MB

Thanks
Ajay Jain
UK

Comments

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    There are some general performance guides available from Microsoft for the different versions of NAV.
    Since you plan to support 300 users, my top 3 recommendations for you are:
    1) Get an experienced NAV/SQL Server consultant to help you.
    2) Get an experienced NAV/SQL Server consultant to help you.
    3) Get an experienced NAV/SQL Server consultant to help you.

I think it is an outstandingly terrible idea to try and bring up a 300 user system without qualified help. :thumbsdown:
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    First, read David's advice.

Next, read David's advice again.

The recommendations for the SQL Server have not really changed from NAV 2009. With the exception of supported versions. I don't believe SQL 2005 is supported.

The changes are in the service tiers. They are now 64 bit, and therefore must run on 64 bit versions of Windows. Being 64 bit, the recommended users per service recommendations have also increased. The numbers I've gotten from MS are 75 to 150 users per service. Depending on what they are doing. But keep in mind these are a total WAG. Microsoft has done no capacity testing. So again, read David's advice.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    I almost forgot... I would not consider that an appropriate SQL box for any version of NAV. Not enought physical drive to create the recommended arrays.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    The most important thing to know is the type of transactions these 300 users are doing and in how many companies.

There is a big difference between 50 warehouse people and 1200 consultants writing time entries.

Your partner should have some best practices. Ask another end-user that uses the same configuration.