Options

Native Navision DB to SQL server 2000

olavolav Member Posts: 8
Hello,
I want to transfer or copy all users from my old native Navision database server (v3.70) to my new SQL Server 2000 for Navision 4.0.
How can i make script on native Navision database server (v3.70) and run thin on SQL server 2000 for transfer all users with same rights and privileges :?:

Best regards,

Olav

Comments

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Create the logins on the SQL Server before restoring the Navision backup. Just create the login name. Don't worry about passwords or access rights.

The restore the backup. The security - syncronize that runs at the end of the restore will take care of the passwords and access rights
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    The same applied for windows users. You will need to grant the windows logins access to the SQL server before you restore Navision, but from there the restore should take care of everything.
  • Options
    recallrecall Member Posts: 36
    The "Synchronize" takes care of all EXCEPT of the passwords!
  • Options
    It should sync the password. The login your are using to do the restore must be a member of the SQL security admin role or higher.
  • Options
    olavolav Member Posts: 8
    Hello,
    Thanks to all for replies. I have 300 users and it is long process to creat ecach user manualy. ](*,)
    Is it not possible to copy all users from Native database to SQL or creat a script for this? :-k Any other easy way. :?:

Regards,

Olav
  • Options
    You could export your Navision users to a text file, then use the transact-sql command SP_AddLogin. See SQL Books Online for syntax.