Options

Multiple NAV connections to Master database

bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
edited 2013-01-14 in SQL General
We have seen this issue on 3 different systems so far. All 3 sytems are running NAV 2009 R2. However, it's been 3 different NAV clients. One site is RTC. The second is NAV classic. And the third is happening with an NAS sessions.

The issue is that, when lookign at the sessions, there wil be multiple connections to the master database. The corresponding NAV client will be listed as the Application name. Trying to sort out where these are coming from. MS support says they've never seen this.

The NAS session we found was creating a new connection to master every 30 seconds. It had over 6000 connections when I killed it.

Any thoughts? Or additional info needed?
There are no bugs - only undocumented features.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Check the application event log. I've seen that happen when a NAS session can't (re)connect, and the windows service tries to restart every 30 seconds.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    Check the application event log. I've seen that happen when a NAS session can't (re)connect, and the windows service tries to restart every 30 seconds.

That appears to explain the issue with the NAS. A bad user/pw on the service. This happens to be on our internal development system. It was a process beign tested by a developer. I'll let him know to check the login settings.

Any thoughts on the RTC and classic client systems?
  • Options
    Taking Denster's observation a bit further: With the classic client, I can create the issue if the ZUP file points to a database that the user does not have access to. But they have access to other databases on the same server.

This gives me a few things to look into.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I've seen it happen when the password for the Windows user set up to log on with NAS is reset. Might have a similar issue for the user that is set up for the service tier.