Options

WANTED: FEEDBACK !

Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
edited 2012-11-14 in General Chat
It has been 2,5 years since my first book was published about Dynamics NAV application design.

Since then much has happened. My youngest son Daan was born, we moved to a new house which we are fixing up etc.

3632.7367_5F00_logo.png

I also helped starting up the Dutch Dynamics Community and initiated Partner Ready Software together with Eric and Gary.

But now its time to update the book.

During the last years I have had many compliments about the book, had many "thank you's" etc.

What I want now is to hear what the book is lacking! What to you want it to change?

It's not going to be a complete rewrite. The Table of Contents will not change, I think the general structure of the book makes sense.

Off course I will implement the basics of PRS what we have been evangelising for a while and explain the design of Dimensions, Assembly, Time Sheets, etc in 2013.

What else would you like?

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/mark_brum ... dback.aspx

Comments

• Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    I would like your book to be a requirement to new NAV developers, or at least the exam. "Why business critical processes should not be handled by starting professionals"
    ooh, and a dutch translation so my wife can read it too
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    First of all I commend you on your desire and ability to produce a book on NAV.
    My recommendation is you get together with your fellow authors (assuming they also want to come out with their 2nd editions) and jointly plan the subjects and contents of each book.
    Look at a joint web site.
    I have most of the books on NAV, and I will likely buy all the future books.
    I am hoping for some NAV 2013 books soon.

I think if you can address - maybe in an appendix - what is new with NAV 2013 and how to take advantage of it in application design - that would be very good. I think an appendix is good, since by 2016 it will be of less interest to people buying you book than it will be in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I just wanted to say feel free to borrow anything from my (granted, fairly rarely updated) blog if you find something you can use. navitips.blogspot.com

Interesting how we move in opposite directions... you became kind of a "partner of partners" while I ditched the whole partner-model as I found it dysfunctional due to the conflict of interests, and went to work directly for the customer side where if there is something to be done, I don't need to give a quote and watch the fight between the customer and my boss - I can just sit down and do it! My life got so much easier, I can't even tell it how much.