Options

SQL Error 916,"08004"

rainer.grainer.g Member Posts: 3
Hi,

has anyone a idea ?

I have created a view on a SQL 2000 Server.
On the "German" DB the data of the "UK" DB table shown here.
I have caused a new DB roll which I have assigned to the user for the access (selct for view object in German and select on table object in UK DB).

If I call this view table in Navision now, I get the following error message:
<<916,"08004",[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Server user xxx is not a valid user in databsae UK>>

But if i use the SQL Query Analyzer -> login with the same user and write a select to this table, it works.

So thus not enough, if I give the User xxx the databse role "db_owner", then it works too with Navision.

Regards,

Rainer

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    Hmm... see the topic "Cross-Database Ownership Chaining" in the following article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... y_5c37.asp

Hope this helps...
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    As FB wrote...

Or may be problem is that Navision is using Application roles to access data, and this App. role has only rights to the actual database... there is no same App. role for the connected DB and it is why you get this error...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    rainer.grainer.g Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

thank's for your answers.

I have changed the "Cross DB Ownership Chaining" to 1 now and get the same error message. In addition, the User already is member of both databases. I therfore not think this is a access problem, i have then got other error's.

Kine,

what you exactly mean with it ?
    Is it this it two different country versions are ?

Regards,

Rainer