Options

Breaking into NAV

Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
edited 2012-11-07 in General Chat
I have a friend and former co-worker that is trying to break into the NAV developer field. Unfortunately the path that I myself took likely isn't viable for him and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on how to get started in the NAV world. He doesn't have any partner affiliations or certifications, and without those I'm not sure he can even access the download of the demo systems, let alone access the object designer. He's pretty smart and disciplined and likely could do a certain amount of self-training and I could likely offer him some training myself, but he'd at least need a sample dev system.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Download it from mibuso downloads? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    As Kamil says the first step is to download the demo and learn the base application. Untill a person can use and fully understand all the functionality of the base app they can never become a programmer.

Next step is then to purchase MSDN and use the Training Developer license that is included.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
    Kamil:

Thank you kindly, I didn't even think to check to see if Mibuso had mirrored it.

David:

Thank you, I wasn't aware that MSDN included a training developer license. Do you know if a particular level of the MSDN is required, as the different levels have some fairly significant price differentials.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Andy Smith wrote:
    David:

Thank you, I wasn't aware that MSDN included a training developer license. Do you know if a particular level of the MSDN is required, as the different levels have some fairly significant price differentials.

Sorry I don't know which level.
    David Singleton