Error 229 - Permission denied

dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
edited 2012-10-22 in SQL General
Hi

I am upgrading a Navision 3.70 database to Dynamics NAV 5.01SP.

My method is a bit rude but it works: first, I create a native backup of the original database (in a fbk file). Then, I create a new database in NAV 5, and from there I restore the old database.

Well, all seems to work fine: all functions are restored and the new db works in NAV 5 like a charm... except... I am the only one who can access to the database!!

The rest of the users receive this error: 229, "42000" [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'Permission', database 'test5' schema 'dbo'.

The only way I've found to grant access to the rest of users is giving them the "owner" status, which is, obviously, not what I want to do.

I am pretty sure that there is something very obvious that I am missing to do in SQL, but... what?? ](*,)
-- dulaman
"I don't want to believe. I want to know." (Carl Sagan)

Answers

• dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
    Did you synchronize all users?

Yes of course, first thing I did after the restoration. NAV already asks if you want to do so, and I did it.
    -- dulaman
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    Did you also try to excecute below query?
    use [Your_NAV_Database]
    go
    grant select on [Object] to public
    go
  • dulamandulaman Member Posts: 73
    Did you also try to excecute below query?
    use [Your_NAV_Database]
    go
    grant select on [Object] to public
    go

Aaand... it worked! Thank you very much! =D>

I was trying this:

use mydatabase
    go
    grant select on Permission to USER
    go

And it was not working. I wonder why it works for all but not for one. In any case, I still wonder why I must grant permissions for this specific table after the restoration?

Anyway, thanks again mohana_cse06 !! :)
    -- dulaman
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Instead of using Enhanced security model and then synchronizing the users, it is easier (and better to use the standard Security Model).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!