Options

multiple unit of measure

ningnongjinningnongjin Member Posts: 42
Hi All,

I would like to know if Navision can support multiple Unit Of Measure in this instance:

1pc = 1.3 (metre square)
1 bundle = 1000 pcs

Hence when creating an order, i'm given the flexibility to define for both pcs and bundle.

Is it possible?Any ideas or opinions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    edited 2005-08-12
    After defining the "Base Unit of Measure" you can define as many units of measure as needed in the "Item Unit of Measure" to choose the appropiate one in the sales line.

If the "Base Unit of Measure" isn't the smallest unit of measure ( in your example 1 square meter is less than 1 pc) it may be necessary to increase the number of decimal places in the Field "Qty. per Unit of Measure" in the "Item unit of Measure" table , as five decimal places are sometimes not accurate enough , especially when large quantities are handled.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    Important to remember : The conversion between the different Units of Measure is fixed. Eg. 1 piece is 10 grams => the piece must always be 10 grams and cannot be 9.9 or 10.1 grams.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I would suggest that you set the Base Unit to the smallest possible unit, so that you don't have decimals in your inventory quantities.
  • Options
    ningnongjinningnongjin Member Posts: 42
    thank you all for the response!