Options

ISV RTC support - is it required?

davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
edited 2012-09-19 in General Chat
I am installing a prominent ISV product that does not fully support the RTC client which was surprising to me since the ISV was prominently featured as an early adopter when 2009 was still in beta.
For an ISV solution to be certified by Microsoft, are they not requiring that it works in a RTC environment?
With NAV 2013 just months away, I am surprised that this is not part of the ISV agreement.

Could someone familiar with ISV requirements please comment - or even better, an official Microsoft reaponse.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Money is the secret sauce. As long as you bring in enough of the secret sauce 'requirements' are more 'rough guidelines'
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I would argue it shouldn't have to be unless they are selling it for NAV 2013 or to a NAV 2009 RTC customer.
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi,

if you want to pass the required test for a NAV AddOn to get the CfMD logo, RTC is a must, since March 2011 AFAIR. We had to provide our AddOn for RTC and CC. If they aquired the logo earlier, then it wasn't mandatory.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Well, thanks for the explanations.
    Guess they are grandfathered in for now.
    NAV 2013 will change everything, though we will have to do our due diligence when we can.

Sometimes sales just sells and we deal with the results. :roll:
  • Options
    bausagerbausager Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 1
    You can find the detailed rules about the Microsoft Dynamics ISV Software Solution Test Guidelines for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 here on this page:
    http://en-us.lionbridge.com/Microsoft-D ... V-2009.htm

On page 7 is says:
    This document applies only to ISV solutions that target the RoleTailored client. Therefore, you must design a RoleTailored experience. However, your solution can also have functionality that runs on the Classic client if there is a valid justification for it.

Hope this clarifies.